Signs that you should go and see a ChiropractorPosted on September 19, 2023 in News
YOU WAKE UP IN PAIN
If you are waking up in the morning and you are in pain it’s time to visit our Geelong Chiropractor. During sleep, your body is ideally in a restful state and it’s your body’s optimal time to recover and heal. There are many factors as to why your might wake up in pain. Getting to the underlying cause as well as getting the pain and symptoms resolved is something we are passionate about at Shannon Avenue Chiropractic.
Waking up with Neck pain? Watch the video below for our top 3 Stretches to help you regain movement and function in your neck.
THE PAIN ISN’T RESOLVING OR IS GETTING WORSE.
Many of us are guilty of trying to ride out the pain, hoping that it will resolve all by itself. In the meantime, your everyday life is affected and you may be taking more medication and getting less exercise than you usually would to get through your day. We are passionate about Pro-Active care and seeking care early to ensure pain conditions don’t become chronic and longstanding.
Pain, whether it be neck, mid, or lower back pain can become chronic if left untreated. Often unresolved pain can start to affect other parts of your body as you compensate due to pain. If you have a sore knee it might affect the way you walk and move on a daily basis, this change in gait can, in turn, affect your hip and lower back. Chiropractic care is a safe, drug-free option that can help restore normal movement and function and reduce pain so you can get back to doing what you love.
YOU’RE STARTING A NEW EXERCISE REGIME.
Starting a new sport, beginning running or starting at the gym is fantastic for your health and overall fitness. Often when we begin a new training regime our body can pull up sore or we are more prone to injury as our body adapts/reacts to new movement and loading.
Chiropractic care can not only help keep those niggles at bay but can also help improve your performance by keeping your joints moving freely and your body functioning optimally.
If you are looking to reduce your risk of injury and hit your goals Chiropractic care should be an essential part of your training and recovery regime.
Our Chiropractor can also provide you with at-home exercises and stretches so that you are recovering optimally between sessions.
LIMITED RANGE OF MOTION
If you are experiencing a limited range of motion it might be time to seek Chiropractic care from our Geelong Chiropractor. A limited range of motion can affect many parts of the body. Chiropractic care can help restore function and normal movement in your:
- Neck – Wry neck or Torticollis, is a common cause of a limited range of motion in the neck. You might be unable to turn your neck, which can have you moving in a robotic function. The onset of a Wry neck will often come on suddenly and is often noticed upon waking in the morning. Other conditions often seen and treated include disc bulges, facet syndrome, and arthritic conditions.
- Shoulder – Shoulder range of motion can be affected by inflammatory conditions such as bursitis, tendinitis, and impingement syndromes Many patients don’t realise that Chiropractic care can help restore movement and function and reduce pain in the shoulder either by directly treating the shoulder joint or in combination with the neck and middle back which are normally linked.
- Mid and Lower Back – If you are experiencing difficulty when bending forward or leaning back, as well as other conditions often seen and treated include disc bulges, facet syndrome, Scheuermann’s Disease, Scoliosis, Spondylolisthesis (forward slippage of the bone), and arthritic conditions.
Our Chiropractors will be able to conduct a full assessment to ensure they are able to discover the underlying cause of your limited range of motion. Once a diagnosis is formed you will be given a tailored care plan to ensure you get the best possible results. You will also be prescribed exercises and stretches to do at home to test your improvement and work on your strength and mobility.
PERSISTENT HEADACHES AND MIGRAINES
One of the most common causes of continuous or chronic headaches is muscle tension in the neck and misalignment in the spine. This can be made worse by having a sedentary lifestyle or through the practice of poor posture at work or at home. If it is a muscular, joint, or Neurological issue, then Chiropractic care can help.
YOU SIT ALL DAY FOR WORK OR HAVE A PHYSICALLY DEMANDING JOB
Our day-to-day life can affect our spinal health and posture. If you work either at a desk all day or a physically demanding job like a trade, Chiropractic care should be a regular part of your healthy lifestyle. Both Sedentary jobs and physical jobs can put pressure on your body. Getting on top of any niggles prior to them becoming bigger issues can help ensure that you stay healthy and pain-free.
Office workers will often experience
- Tension Headaches
- Shoulder, neck and back pain from poor desk posture.
- Mid and lower back pain due to lack of movement throughout the day and poor work ergonomics.
Trades and other Physically demanding jobs can experience
- Shoulder, knee and elbow pain from repetitive work
- Lower back pain from heavy lifting and manual labour or operating heavy machinery
- Neck pain from looking down or up for an extended period of time.
As a Chiropractor, we can help through both treatment and lifestyle advice to ensure that you can stay healthy and at work.
- Chiropractic Adjustments can help mobilise your spine and restore normal function and movement
- Soft tissue work helps relieve inflammation and reduce pain
- Products– we have a range of carefully selected products at the clinic that can help with natural pain relief at home and at work.
- Lifestyle advice as well as stretches and exercises – will help quicken your recovery and strengthen your muscles to reduce your likelihood of relapse
YOU LOVE BEING PROACTIVE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
If you are passionate about your health and are wanting to be proactive about your well-being, seeing our Geelong Chiropractor Dr Matthew Gooch is a great way to get you back on track to feeling your best. Chiropractic care is a natural and safe treatment for all ages and stages of life, from children to the elderly and through injuries, pregnancy/postpartum, and working life and can help with performance and recovery in sports and physical activities. Regular care can help reduce the need for regular pain medication. At Shannon Avenue Chiropractic, we provide a holistic approach to chiropractic care to ensure you and your body see the greatest benefits.