Disc bulge treatment in Geelong
Contact us for more information and to make a bookingContact us
Disc bulges can be debilitating, often we know that a patient has a disc bulge just by how they walk into the clinic.
Pain associated with disc bulges can affect every aspect of life when they are in an acute phase. We are passionate about helping our patients regain normal movement and life their life pain free.
Symptoms of Disc Bulge
- Antalgic gait where the patient will lean away from the side of the disc bulge
- Painful going from sitting to standing
- Sharp lower back pain
- Numbness/tingling in the legs
- Change in a sensation down the leg
- Pain that radiates down the leg and into the feet toes.
How can Chiropractic Care help Disc Bulge?
- Manual Adjustment to the lower back
- Lifestyle advice around movement so you feel supported in recovery
- Soft Tissue Therapies/ Massage to the surrounding areas to relieve pain
- Modified exercise with a plan to return back to exercise
- At-home heat therapy.
Causes for Disc Bulge
- degeneration (aging)
- trauma to the area i.e a fall or an accident
- simple everyday tasks
- during exercises: for example, Weighted squats, bend/lift/twisting.
- Heavy coughing and sneezing (seems trivial but it happens).