Back pain treatment in Geelong
Contact us for more information and to make a bookingContact us
Back pain can be caused by a range of different reasons and can affect different areas of the back and spine. It is one of the leading causes of disability in Australia, 8 out of 10 Australians will suffer from back pain over their lifespan.
Symptoms of back pain
- SIJ Pain (pain that is felt over the dimples on your lower back)
- Pain/numbness/tingling that starts in the lower back and radiates down the leg into the feet
- Dull and aching pain over the entire back
- Sharp pain that makes it difficult to complete everyday tasks
- Mid-back pain that makes it hard to take a deep breath
- Back pain from prolonged poor posture
- Headache or Migraine
- Pain/numbness/tingling into the arms, hand and fingers.
How can Chiropractic Care help back pain?
Our Geelong Chiropractors specialise in Back Pain and can help get you moving freely again. We treat Neck pain, Mid back and Lower back pain in a range of different ways including
- Manual Adjustments (What most people relate to as the “cracking”)
- Activator (A lighter technique to adjust/mobilise the joints of the spine and pelvis)
- Soft Tissue Therapy, massage, active release therapies
- Prescribed Exercises and Stretches/strengthening exercises
- Lifestyle recommendations including postural advice and aids
- Dietary advice
- Pillows and sleep hygiene recommendations
Causes for Back Pain
Back pain can have many contributing factors. Through thorough assessment, examination and key questions our Geelong Chiropractors can help find the cause behind your back pain and form a diagnosis. Many of our patients come to us with back pain caused by:
- Poor posture or prolonged positions due to work
- Heavy lifting
- Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Daily activities
- Sports or Gym routine
- Underlying health issues such as diabetes, arthritis and degeneration.
Don’t live with back pain. Reach out to us. We would love to help