Geelong myotherapy services
Contact us for more information and to make a bookingContact us
Chiropractic and myotherapy go hand in hand at Shannon Avenue Chiropractic in Geelong. With leading Geelong myotherapist Emma Inglis on our team, we offer a holistic approach to improving health and keeping your body functioning at its best.
Myotherapists assess and treat musculoskeletal pain through a range of soft tissue therapies designed to improve movement and mobility. Our chiropractor often includes myotherapy treatments for an effective and long-lasting therapeutic outcome for patients.
Myotherapy techniques offered at our Geelong chiro clinic include:
- Myofascial Dry-Needling (MDN) – a painless technique using fine filiform needles to target trigger points in the muscles, producing a healing and analgesic effect.
- Temperature Therapy – including thermal therapy and cryotherapy using heat packs, cold packs, ice baths and hydrotherapy.
- Electromechanical Stimulation (ES) – therapies including TENS therapy, interferential technique, therapeutic ultrasound and low-level laser therapy use electrical currents or soundwaves to produce a healing outcome.
- Myofascial stretching – elongates shortened muscle fibres, increasing the range of motion for a joint and preventing further injury. Includes static stretching, dynamic stretching and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF).
- Rehabilitative exercise and corrective actions – actions chiropractic clients can perform to permanently change dysfunctional patterns and prevent injuries, including core stability exercises, biomechanical retraining, nutrition, injury prevention and lifestyle education.
Take a look at the latest news from our chiropractors for more information about how myotherapy and chiropractic work together towards optimum health.